You will be billed for those reference entries that
- Edifix has both parsed and restructured, whether or not they are linked (usually entries for journal articles, book chapters, books, and some types of government reports)
- Edifix has parsed (fully or partially) and linked on PubMed or Crossref, even if they are not restructured (e.g., entries for conference papers)
- Edifix has parsed in No Format mode
|Book chapter||Yes||Yes||If possible||Yes|
|Conference paper||Yes||No||If possible||Maybe|
|Working paper||Maybe||No||If possible||No|
That’s why, in the summary report on the Edifix results screen, the number of references parsed will not always equal the number of billable references.
What about references with an author-supplied DOI?
- If Edifix can revalidate the DOI, whether or not the reference can be fully parsed, the reference is shown in black, the DOI is hyperlinked, and the reference is billable.
- If Edifix cannot validate the DOI and the reference was not fully parsed, the reference is shown in grey, the DOI is not hyperlinked, and the reference is not billable.